A Poor CIBIL Score is not dead-end for your credit needs

Updated on December 28, 20184 mins read
CIBIL Score

Updated: January, 2018 – You recently applied for a loan and got turned down. On enquiring, you were informed it was because you had a poor CIBIL Score. You don’t need to despair. This article aims to empower you. We assist you with some Corrective Action Points and also some Sources of Funds you can access.

CIBIL has over 500 members. These member banks will have access to your poor Credit Report and Credit Score. Most of the mainstream banks shall stay away from lending to you because of your low credit score or the lack of it.

Here are some immediate corrective action points for you:

1. You should obtain and check your Credit Information Report for errors. It’s possible that your loan information is not updated or it’s a case of identity theft (yes, it’s possible). The process of receiving up-to-date information from the banks and updating the records takes around 2 months.

2. You can also work towards improving your credit score through simple measures focussing your credit usage and repayment patterns. Once you get a score of over 750 (as claimed by CIBIL) you improve your chances considerably for getting a loan sanction from any private or nationalized bank.

If you don’t have a Credit Score (i.e. your Credit Report says NA/ NH) some banks may stay away from lending funds to you since you don’t have a credit history which could make lending to you risky. You could start by applying for a credit card and repay the dues on time to build your Credit Score.

The above measures shall take time to take effect. If you have a poor CIBIL Score or you don’t have one, you can tap into the the following sources for your immediate need of funds:

1. Collateral Loans:

It’s difficult to get a personal loan without a CIBIL credit score. However, you could try and get a secured loan without a CIBIL score. Even if you have a bad credit history, the assets that you own provide sufficient security for the bank. You can get a collateral loan against Gold, Insurance Policy, FD or a PPF.

2. Loan from Co-operative/ smaller banks:

Of the 500 CIBIL members, 200 are co-operative banks who have access to your Credit Score. However, you could approach a small co-operative bank which may not be a member yet. Smaller banks provide loans of smaller amounts and lend at higher rates of interest. But the good news is that they are more likely to lend without checking your credit score.

3. Approach your company

Many companies have a loan policy for its employees. You could approach your HR Manager. If you have served a few years with your company, there is a good chance you can get access to some funds through them.

4. Leverage your steady income for a personal loan:

You have a steady and growing income and have the monthly income statements to prove it. You should approach the bank where you have your salary account and try and get a personal loan from them. Because of the long relationship you have with them, they could help you in your hour of need.

5. Reach out to your Family and friends:

Your immediate family and close friends could help you out of a sticky financial situation. They can assist you in the following ways:

• Joint loan:

Check the Credit Score of your spouse/ family members/friends. You could ask a person with a better credit score to jointly apply for a loan (be a co-signor). This increases the chances of your loan being sanctioned.

• Guarantor:

You could request a family member or friend to who has a better CBIL credit score to stand a Guarantor for the loan. This would enhance your chances of loan approval.

• Direct Loan:

You could approach you friends and family for funds if you are in dire need of money. They may be ready to lend the money to you without any interest or at a nominal rate of interest.

A co- applicant/ guarantor will be held equally responsible for any default or delayed payments on your part. When a friend lends to you directly, his liquid funds reduce. Hence any support extended by your friends and family members to you would depend a lot on your reputation and your relationship with them.

6. Approach Private lenders

There are private lenders who could be approached if none of the above options work for you. They could however, ask for steep interest rates and the original title documents of the collateral you intend to provide.

7. Dip into your Emergency Fund

If neither of the above options work-out, you can break some of your FD’s by paying some penalty. You should opt to do so only in real emergency situations.

Everyone faces financial hiccups. But you can still access credit while you work at building your Credit Score. Recently, banks have launched interest rate slabs that offer lower rates to higher CIBIL score. The benefits are significant considering 20 – 30 years of loan repayment.

Cheers to a healthy, financially-stable and comfortable life!

Be empowered!

Switchme is India’s first end to end, online home loan service provider. Our home loan advisors guide you to the most suitable home loan product and carry out the entire procedure, while you enjoy a hassle free experience.

Sign up to find out your eligibility or Calculate your savings from switching your loan.

1. Sandesh
    Nov 25 2016 at 5:14 pm

Hi Tarini
    I have 2 loans settled in the year 2010. Now 2016 i have applied for personal loan and all the banks have rejected.
    Now i want a loan of 15lacs were do i sort for this loan.

Sumita Nath
      Nov 28 2016 at 3:42 pm

Hi Sandesh,

Could you please let me know the reason for your loan rejection so that i can help you out?

2. Virendra Patidar
    Sep 21 2016 at 10:41 am

I have a personal loan of 2 lakh from hdfc, of which 8 emi i have paid , one check bounce happened in april month but repayed on 2nd day itself but because of that hdfc bank policy after bounce 9 months emi we have to complete for next loan. But i am in urgent need so applying in many banks got rejected having a cibil score 695, is there any other source to take loan because i have 2 more less amount loan which is 10000+12000 from earlysalary and cashe (if u heard) they provide instant loan for a month every month i am repaying and next day i need so i take back, it is decreasing my cibil score, any lender from where i can get 50000 loan to repay these temprory loan so that i can increse my cibil score.

Sumita Nath
      Sep 21 2016 at 11:47 am

Hi Virendra,

Considering your cibil score of 695, you can try Housing Finance Companies as they accept less cibil score.

3. purvmegh desai
    Sep 05 2016 at 5:25 pm

hello,
    my cibil score is 650, i have two personal loans and one car loan.i have only one short time default (repaid now)to my repayment history.i wish to apply for a mortgage loan of 9 lacs ,my annual income is 4 lacs. what’s probablity that i will get the loan

Sumita Nath
      Sep 27 2016 at 5:13 pm

Since your cibil score is not that good, i would suggest you to apply for a mortgage loan from any of the NBFCs.

4. ASHLESHA BLN
    Aug 22 2016 at 9:10 pm

Hello Tarini Madam,

My CIBIL Score is just 568 I want to go for a education/personal loan but, it was rejected. I am also a loanee from a nationalized bank for my housing loan. The loan EMI’s are very smooth since, my availment of loan. Now, I am ready to clear the outstanding of the two out-dated credit cards of Rs. 30,000=00 and 9,200=00 respectively. Do my CIBIL Score develop in what time and how? Because I have a very short time to send my son abroad for further studies. The payment receipts and No due Certificates can help me in getting the education loan/personal loan. Kindly suggest suitably and help me out of this crises.

with regards

Ashu

Sumita Nath
      Sep 29 2016 at 3:15 pm

Once you clear your outstanding of your out-dated credit cards, your cibil score will improve. It takes a minimum of 12 to 18 months to enhance one’s credit score. Also, it is important to note that the quantum of damage on your credit score also acts as a factor for how long it will take to improve your credit score. Often banks and financial companies have a different CIBIL score bracket for various products. Kindly go through this link below which will help you improve your cibil score effectively. https://www.switchme.in/blog/2015/01/7-effective-tips-improve-credit-score/

5. Nagarjuna
    Aug 16 2016 at 4:18 pm

Hi Tarini,
    I taken the bike loan in 2015 March and i paid the EMIs continuously. But some times they couldn’t be able to take the money through ECS. So that i paid those months by cash. When i cleared all of the EMIs, they provided me the NOC certificate. Recently I checked with my Credit Score which is 735 and it is showing that it was reduced due to the Bike loan. I also applied for AXIS Bank credit card and Kotak. Both of them rejected my request. They told me they will send me the post letter with the reasons of the ignoring the Credit Card. I want to improve my CIBIL Score asap. How can i get the Credit Card First then how much time it will take me to improve my CIBIL Score. My Sal is 33k. Please advice. Anyway Thanks for the replies to everyone. Its really good work.

Thanks
    Nagarjuna

Sumita Nath
      Sep 29 2016 at 12:52 pm

Hi Nagarjuna,
      It takes a minimum of 12 to 18 months to enhance one’s credit score. Also, it is important to note that the quantum of damage on your credit score also acts as a factor for how long it will take to improve your credit score. Often banks and financial companies have a different CIBIL score bracket for various products. Kindly go through this link below to improve your cibil score effectively. https://www.switchme.in/blog/2015/01/7-effective-tips-improve-credit-score/

6. RAMESH
    Jul 31 2016 at 5:56 pm

I HAVING THE CBIL SCORE OF 498 AND I TAKEN THE HOUSING LOAN FROM THE IDBI BANK CAN I SHIFT THE HOUSING LOAN FROM IDBI TO ANY OTHER BANK

Sumita Nath
      Sep 29 2016 at 3:20 pm

Since your cibil score is too low, try getting a loan from housing finance companies as most of the banks wont approve your loan.

7. Alpesh Tanawala
    Jul 16 2016 at 9:35 pm

My score 720 mai ne 4 weel kei loan milegi

Sumita Nath
      Oct 03 2016 at 5:57 pm

Hi Alpesh,

Sorry but i didn’t get your query. Could you please re-frame it.

8. Mash
    Jul 16 2016 at 10:58 am

I have a poor CIBIL score due to which I cannot approach any of the CIBIL member banks for a personal loan of 2 lacs urgently on account medical contingency and can’t wait for my CIBIL score to improve. Can you please suggest where can I try to find a private lenders in and around NOIDA? My monthly take home salary is about 72k and I am living alone in NOIDA.
    Thanks
    Mash

Sumita Nath
      Oct 05 2016 at 1:09 pm

Hi Mash,

Sorry for the delayed response. I guess you must have already taken the loan, if not, you can try any of the housing finance companies.

9. shan
    Jul 12 2016 at 9:04 am

hi Tarini, my cibil score is 503 and i am looking for home loan of 40 lacs(22 lacs BT+18 lacs fresh). although, i did receive a car loan of 5 lacs, 3 months back from Mahindra but kindly confirm can i apply with any institution like DHFL, LIC

Sumita Nath
      Oct 05 2016 at 3:15 pm

Hi Shan,

You can definitely try applying at DHFL and LIC for the home loan as your cibil score is poor.

10. Kishor
    Jul 06 2016 at 6:35 am

Hi TARINI,

My Cibil credit score is 550 .and i need housing loan and my wife had good Credit score over 750 , we would like to haveJoint home loan . could you please let me know the chances of getting home loan,
    ,can u suggest me from which bank it can be done

Sumita Nath
      Oct 05 2016 at 3:49 pm

Hi Kishor,

You can surely apply for a joint loan but make sure that your wife is the primary applicant. Also, the property papers should state your wife as the main owner of the property. You can opt for Sbi home loan

11. JAIN
    Jun 27 2016 at 9:49 pm

hey nice to know that u help ppl like me with cibil issues.
    well am jain 22years old when my family business was put into trouble by our govt i became a victim of bad cibil and now i seems very helpless for all those depts that were made during those days. 10 emi s of a car loan and 5 emis of a personal loan was lapsed many checks were bounced and one day everything was settled with no overdues . i used to be very correct in paying emis at before my family problems and when such a sitivation came even the banks were helpless.But now everything is okay and loans r almost to finish and on prefect track with no overdues i am employed and now its time to built my career wanna build a house then a good car and marriage.Even if i have lacks of money translations in my HDFC bank account i am still not being able to apply for a credit card or even a single loan offered from my bank i also wanna take a loan soon for my higher studies and am feeling to all this cibil issues.What is the solution for all this?or is it like if i can never ever apply for a loan in future even if am employed with a good salary?pls help me.I found no one around me to advice me.HDFC bank is not providing me any loans is der any other banks to help me so that i can start going with them?KINDLY pls help me with all my problems.Thanks.

Jun 28 2016 at 2:38 pm

Hey Jain

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had to face at such a young age. Regarding your query;
      1. There is nothing to worry about. As you said that you are now consistent with your repayments and all previous dues have been settled, its onl a matter of time before your CIBIL score starts improving.
      2. Please make sure that;
      – the banks that settled the dues have left no remarks in your CIBIL score. Any remarks are treated as a negative sign by future lenders.
      – the banks have updated your CIBIL score to indicate the settlement of dues. Sometimes lenders forget to do so, which leaves a negative impact on the borrower’s CIBIL score.
      3. If you need to take a home loan you have the following options;
      – If 12 months have passed from the date of the last default, and you have a steady source of income to repay the loan, you can approach SBI.
      – If you are rejected by SBI, then DHFL is your next best option. They will charge a small settlement fees to give you the loan despite your poor CIBIL score.

I hope this is helpful, all the best for your future 🙂

12. Arunkumar
    Jun 20 2016 at 4:51 pm

Hi this is Arun. My cibil score is 598. If I apply for new card it says that my cibil score is less to apply for a new card. How can I improve my score or any alternate way to get a new credit card back as they blocked my when i was out of station and couldnt use my card for 4 months even though i have cleared all the debts

Jun 21 2016 at 1:31 pm

Hey Arun

I suggest that you generate your CIBIL report online and study it carefully to see where the problems lie. Once you have identified the issue, work towards rectifying it. This could be done in several way;
      1. Make sure that the banks have not left several remarks, identifying you as defaulter in payment etc.
      2. Try not to take excessive loans, credit cards. It has a negative impact as it shows you as a person who is always repaying some debt or the other.
      3. If you have defaulted on payments over the last few months, then try not to make any further defaults. You will need to wait for a while before there is any improvement in your CIBIL score.
      I hope this is helpful.

13. Sumathi
    Jun 19 2016 at 12:57 am

Hi Tarini,

I have a CIBIL score of 748 and my husband has 498. I have the eligibility of getting home loan of 15Lakhs and my husband has 50Lakhs loan eligibility. But totally we need 42 Lakhs home loan. Is there any chance of getting home loan by joining our both accounts?

Jun 21 2016 at 2:34 pm

Hey Sumathi

Getting a joint home loan of 42 lakhs seems a bit difficult in your case due to the following reasons;
      1. You husband already has an outstanding loan of 50 lakhs. For banks, a borrower’s repayment capability is calculated by taking all their existing/ onl-going debts into consideration. Hence, it will be difficult for banks to consider your husband as a joint holder for a loan of this amount.
      2. Your husband has a low CIBIL score of 498. CIBIL score is yet another indicator for banks to judge repayment capability and credit worthiness of a borrower. A poor CIBIL score also indicates – too many existing debts, defaulted repayments etc. Hence, taking another loan with your husband as a co-borrower may not prove to be helpful.

If you are keen on taking a loan, I suggest that either you take it as an individual and take the amount you are eligible for. Or you find another suitable co-borrower who can help you get a higher loan amount. I hope this information is helpful 🙂

14. dinesh
    Jun 08 2016 at 4:09 pm

Hi
    my cibil score is 300.i have only one auto loan and it wil be ending in july 2016 next month.i have missed 5 emi since dec 2015 to april 2016 as i was in nepal and was tkng care of my family….i live in pune from last 9 years nd now styaing in rented flat wid friends so plz suggest me how to improve my score.

I will b thankful

Jun 10 2016 at 1:56 pm

Hey Dinesh

Here are a few ways you can improve your CIBIL score:
      1. Please ensure that you repay all our existing debts in a timely manner from now on.
      2. About the delayed payments, please settle them and ensure that the bank removes all remarks from your credit score and updates it.
      It will take a while before any improvements are reflected in your CIBIL score. I hope this is helpful 🙂

15. saroj Das
    Jun 01 2016 at 11:18 am

Hi Tarini ,

I have taken a education loan 4lacs . I have settled it 4 month before . I have the confirmation and Clarence letter with me . . But when I checked today my CIBIL score it is 638 . Can I get a home loan from SBI .

Jun 02 2016 at 6:43 pm

Hey Saroj

Getting a home loan from SBI with a CIBIL score of 638 would not be a problem as long as you don’t have any bounced checques or have defaulted on any payments on any of your existing EMIs over the last 12 months. If yes, then the easiest way is to wait out the 12 month period (from the date of the last default) and then apply for a home loan. I hope this is helpful 🙂

16. Amiya
    May 28 2016 at 11:58 am

Hey Tarini

Good afternoon i need a personal loan of Rs 2 L and my Credit score as per Experian is 748 but as per CIBIL its is 593, so is their any possibility to get the loan and if it is possible then which financial institution i contact.

Regards
    Amiya

Jun 03 2016 at 3:26 pm

Hey Amiya

Unfortunately, a CIBIL score of 593 is low to get a good deal from any leading financial institutions. You could try approaching HDFC or DHFL, they will charge you an additional fee of Rs. 1000 to compensate for the low CIBIL score, and if everything else falls in place, offer you a loan at a rate, slightly higher than their prevailing market rate. I hope it works out for you 🙂

17. Subil
    May 24 2016 at 3:18 pm

Hallo Madam,
    I have a Cibil score 480 , presently due to financial crashes, and earlier high interest loan I am difficult to repay this amt. in time, pls. advice can I get transfered thiis amt. with low interest and low EMI with incresed tenure of loan, Pls. advice

Jun 06 2016 at 5:59 pm

Hey Sunil

Here are a few options you can explore:
      1. Request the lender to reduce your EMI by increasing the loan tenure to the highest time period possible.
      2. Take a repayment holiday (which is allowed up to 12 months). However, do note that at the end of this holiday, you will need to pay all the accrued EMIs + the next EMI of that month. So at the end of this rebate comes a huge payment.

I would suggest that you discuss all the viable options with your lender and go with the one that suits you best. All the best!

18. ABHIJEET K THAKKAR
    May 23 2016 at 6:59 pm

Hello Madam,

This is Abhijeet Thakkar

Greeting for the Day!!

I have applied for a personal loan through ICICI Bank Ltd. just now but the executive just called me & saying me that my CIBIL score is just 559 instead of 720 or 750 + and he reject my loan. He said this is because my outstanding with Bankers Credit Card.

I am having 2 banks Credit Card, ICICI Bank (25k) & SBI (75K). I am even unable to pay minimum payment due to some financial problem, I have asked them for a settlement and they agreed and issue me a settlement letter too. Now, If I pay the whole settlement amount within a time as per the letter, do my CIBIL score get improve for future? Dose it effected for my Home Loan because I am also having a SBI Home Loan but it goes smoothly.

And also if I wish to check my CIBIL, how do I check?

Please do reply asap.

T / R
    Abhijeet Thakkar
    +91 – 98333 82525
    thakkarabhijeet@gmail.com

Jun 08 2016 at 2:59 pm

Hey Abhijeet

Here’s a clarification to all your queries;
      1. You can check your CIBIL score by logging on to https://www.cibil.com/
      2. Since you have defaulted on payment of your credit card payments, it will take a while o improve your credit score. you can do so by;
      – ensuring that you make all further payments on time
      – making sure that the bank updates your credit score regularly
      3. Your existing home loan will remain unaffected by your current credit score.
      I hope this is helpful 🙂

19. Javed
    May 13 2016 at 8:51 am

I have a low CIBIL score of 650.Can you please help me out which bank can give me personal loan.

Soni Singh
      May 16 2016 at 3:32 pm

Hey Javed

Your CIBIL score seems to be fine. However for getting a personal loan there several other parameters that are considered and almost all the banks and financial institutions provide personal loan if you satisfy their eligibility criteria.

• Manu sharma
      May 18 2016 at 7:48 am

My cibil is 590 score due to some reason I will not pay the loan but last 5year my bank statement is good but I have not get the loan help me I need the money m govt employee

Jun 07 2016 at 6:27 pm

Hey Manu

Despite being a government employee, it will be very difficult for you to get a home loan due to the low CIBIL score of 590. I suggest that you improve your CIBIL score and then apply for a home loan at any nationalized bank. All the best 🙂

• Deepali
      May 18 2016 at 4:19 pm

650 is a less score to get a PErsonal loan. If it would have been a Home loan the banks might have still considered as its a secured loan. I would rather suggest you to improve the score and then apply for a personal loan. Yes there are NBFC’s such as capital first, fullerton, bajajfinance etc., who may consider giving a loan with a score of 650 but then there are other parameters such as your salary is taken into account. Also, the rate of interest they charge are very high compared to the banks.

20. Avin Paul
    May 08 2016 at 5:30 pm

Hi Tarini,
    Hope you well !!

I have a CITI bank credit ( Status : Closed now ) , which I am unable to pay bill since one and half year due to financial hardship. I would like to know , am I in the list of Bank defaulter ? my credit score showing 590.
    Recently , my loan got rejected just becoz of this. ( I know that’s my fault) now, I want to make the settlement amount.
    I would like to know, am I in the list of Bank defaulter ? and after made the settlement amount , how much time will take to increase the CIBIL score. also, how often Bank sent report of customer to the CIBIL.

Avin,

Soni Singh
      May 16 2016 at 5:10 pm

Hey Avin

1. 590 is not a great score. Yes, you are in the defaulter list because your dues are not cleared with CITI Bank.

2. There are several parameters considered if you wish to take any type of loan. CIBIL is one of them and your low CIBIL score may be the reason of rejection. If you wish to settle the dues you can definitely approach CITI Bank.

3. If you are skip making the payment of any EMI’s then it impacts your credit rating and after settlement of dues if takes at least approximate 45 days to get it updated in CIBIL report.

4. Settling your dues with CITI bank will not help in improving your CIBIL score, you need to maintain a good track record of payment.

Hope this information helps

21. arun
    Apr 22 2016 at 1:57 pm

HI Tarini,

I used a credt card worth 8k in 2004 and after which there was no followup from the bank Standard charted. And now in 2016 they are calling and telling me that I have to pay 5,92,000

I told them i cant afford so much and there was no contact from the bank at all.

Then they said ok pay 25K

Jun 16 2016 at 5:21 pm

Hey Arun

It’s great that they waived off a major portion of your debt. I suggest that you pay this debt off as soon as possible and make sure that the bank updates your CIBIL score, with no remarks, once the debt has been fully repaid.

22. harsh
    Apr 19 2016 at 3:09 pm

hiii. My Cibil score is 725. Can i get personal loan??

Soni Singh
      Apr 22 2016 at 7:18 pm

Hey Harsh

Its a good score. However for getting a personal loan there several other parameters that are considered.

23. vikas kale
    Feb 24 2016 at 9:11 pm

respected tarini mam
    my score is 555 due on loan total 25000/- I was ready to paid can then score go up

Feb 25 2016 at 1:53 pm

Hey Vikas

A score of 555 is poor indeed, please clear all your dues, this will help improve your score. Once the dues are cleared, the bank will update your CIBIL report.

• Amit raj
      Apr 16 2016 at 11:15 am

Hi ma’am, I have a civil score of 660….what does it signify

Jun 16 2016 at 4:39 pm

Hey Amit

A CIBIL score of 660 indicates a poor financial credibility. This could be due to several reasons:
      1. Poor repayment track record of existing/ previously taken debts.
      2. Too many existing debts, credit cards etc.
      3. This could also be due to a technical error that caused the banks to not update the CIBIL score.
      4. You could have been a loan guarantor to a person who defaulted on his loan repayments.
      There could be several reasons for this. Since I am unaware of your current financial background, I can only provide you with general reasons for the same. The best way to maintain a decent CIBIL score is to repay all existing debts, bills on time.
      It’ll be great if you could share some details, this would help us assist you better 🙂

24. Anand Naidu
    Feb 23 2016 at 6:25 pm

hi Tarini,
    Can you please let me know the banks which are going to be offer personal loans with CIbil score low ,
    Anand Hyd

Feb 24 2016 at 4:57 pm

Hey Anand

You could try approaching DHFL and LIC HFL for a loan with a low CIBIL score. In some cases these banks may take an additional charge of Rs. 1000, or may sanction a loan at a higher interest rate due to the low CIBIL score.

25. SOUMEN
    Feb 19 2016 at 3:53 pm

Hi Tarini ,

Today i have taken the cibil score ,its 668 , IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET A PERSONAL LOAN FROM ANY BANK OR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION . kINDLY SUGGEST

Feb 22 2016 at 3:05 pm

Hey Soumen

While 668 is not a great score, you can go ahead and try by applying to a few banks. You may be lucky enough to get a personal loan. All the best 🙂

26. Jafar
    Feb 15 2016 at 11:35 pm

Hi Tarini.

Greeting for the Day!!

Earlier I had HDFC Credit card. I have stop the payment due to Unemployment for more than a year Now I have cleared entire debt in last month on 25th January 2016 with interest and penalty. just want to know am I eligible to apply new loan in market.

Feb 17 2016 at 2:48 pm

Hey Jafar

I don’t think you will be eligible for a home loan as you haven’t maintained a steady source of income over the last one year. Due to this, most banks will the skeptical to lend to you. I hope this information is helpful, have a great day ahead! 🙂

27. GIRISH GY
    Feb 14 2016 at 6:26 pm

HAI,,
    I HAVE APPLIED FOR ICICI CREDIT CARD BUT I DON”T KNOW THE REASON ON WHAT BASIS ITS GOT DECLINED AND I HAVE GOOD 739 CIBIL SCORE.

PLEASE HELP ME…

Feb 17 2016 at 3:07 pm

Hey Girish

Unfortunately I will not be able to help you out here, please contact the bank for a clarification. One reason could be a poor repayment track record over the past, or the fact that you have too many existing credit cards etc. I can only give you a few general scenarios.

28. Raj
    Feb 09 2016 at 1:48 am

Hi Tarini

I have taken 4 consumer loans 2 from Bajaj finserv & 2 from Capital first and paid all 5 emi’s of the total 8 emi’s on time of aggregated amount of 18000 Per month.My salary is of Rs 64000/-Per month which is been credited in my saving account,and my cibil score is showing NA.So can you please suggest me the way to get a personal loan of 25 lakhs now or I have to wait for 3 more months to complete my consumer loans or to establish my cibil score and then apply for personal loan.and what will be the reaction of the banks to see 4 emi’s been debited from my account POSITIVE or NEGATIVE.

Feb 09 2016 at 2:42 pm

Hey Raj

The fact that you don’t have a CIBIL record yet shouldn’t be a problem. This is very common. While the banks may have some reservations in giving you a loan, considering that you are already paying 4 EMIs, it shouldn’t be much of a problem if you have a clean repayment record and are eligible to finance a 5th personal loan EMI. All the best, do let us know how it goes 🙂

29. Manoj kumar
    Feb 08 2016 at 4:21 pm

HI Tarini,

Hope you are doing well.
    My cibil Score is 638.
    I am have having 3 credit cards with outstanding amount 2.6lacks and every month i am paying minimum amount.
    Recently I paid 1.4 lacks and now my outstanding amount is 1.2 lacks.
    I am trying to applying for personal loan,But Standrad chated , city bank back rejects my Personal loan.
    Can you please suggest me, How i can get personal?

Feb 09 2016 at 2:49 pm

Hey MAnoj

It will indeed be difficult for you to get another loan until you clear all your existing debts and ensure a clear repayment record. This will help improve your CIBIL score. Once you have a CIBIL score well around 750 or so, it should be easier for you to get a home loan. I hope this helps.

30. Abdulkalam Azad
    Feb 06 2016 at 1:42 pm

Hi Tharini,

Good day to you..

I have a low credit score as 550. HDFC bank rejected my Home loan Rs. 8 Lacs. But i am not received the original documents from them, and i am requested to the manager for considering as special case for loan approval. If any possible to get loan from them. Note: They were asking 1% of processing fee before rejected application and i had paid already by cheque to HDFC.

If they rejected, How can i get Loan? and Which Bank/Non Bank sector.

T/R
    Azad

Feb 08 2016 at 1:29 pm

Hey Abdulkalam

A very good day to you too 🙂 Regarding the situation, since you have a very low CIBIL score, it will be difficult for you to get a home loan from a bank. You could try approaching DHFL, which may sanction the loan on a slightly higher interest rate than the regular rate they offer.
      About your original documents, HDFC should return them within a week of rejecting the home loan application. However, you will not get the 1% processing fees back.

• Abdulkalam Azad
      Feb 08 2016 at 8:26 pm

Hi Tharini,

After my posting above maIl on saturday, I have checked my cibil score with cibil website by paying Rs.200. It Shows 737 Cibil Score. Then why did HDFC people to ask me my cibil score was 550. In your experience what to need from me. Any IDEA?

T/R
      Azad

Feb 09 2016 at 2:33 pm

Hey Abdulkalam

This is strange, generally the same CIBIL report is visble to both banks and individuals. A score of 737 is pretty good and it shouldn’t stop you from getting that home loan. I suggest that you submit this report to HDFC and ask them to re consider your application. I believe it should go through smoothly. All the best! Do let me know if I can assist you with anything else 🙂

• Abdulkalam Azad
      Feb 09 2016 at 3:38 pm

Hi Tharini,

Thanks for your prompt reply, I will check with bank & revert to you soon.

Tks & Rgds
      Azad

Feb 10 2016 at 7:53 pm

Hi Abdulkalam

You’re welcome, do let us know how it goes.

31. Sandy
    Jan 29 2016 at 2:30 pm

My CIBIL score is 500 I need personal loan of 1Lakh but all the banks are saying it not possible

Feb 08 2016 at 1:38 pm

Hey Sandy

Unfortunately, you have a very low CIBIL score, this makes it very difficult for you to get a loan. The only way out of this is to improve your CIBIL score by closing all previous debts and ensuring that all future payments are made on time.

32. Rakesh Yadav
    Jan 29 2016 at 2:06 pm

Hello Tarini
    i m rakesh yadav today thanks for Positive advisable and response every question my cibil score very bad 450 bcz i have not pay icici bank credit card due to reason closing and settlement issue banker provide only settlement option so thats reason this card still open without any result now i want credit card against fixed deposit can you help me pls my email id is rakesh_yk@yahoo.com

Feb 08 2016 at 3:08 pm

Hey Rakesh

Sorry, unfortunately we will not be able to assist you in this regard. To improve your CIBIL score, it’ll be best if you settle all your previous dues and ensure that CIBIL gets notified.

33. birender kumar
    Jan 26 2016 at 2:46 am

i want to apply a home loan of any private banks my cibil score is 590 due to old credit card, I have a already settled my card, So, please suggest can i get approved my home loan of any banks. Please advice

Jan 27 2016 at 4:34 pm

Hey Birender

Since you have a very low CIBIL score, it will be difficult for you to get a home loan from an established private bank or a PSU. I suggest that you try applying to a bank of your choice along with applying to DHFL. DHFL has a history of lending to borrowers with poor CIBIL scores at a slightly higher rate than the one they offer to regular borrowers. I believe this is the best option available at the moment. I hope it works out for you. All the best!

34. Twinkle arora
    Jan 24 2016 at 1:40 am

Hello Tarini,

How are you?

My credit score is 600 exact.Actually I took an Axis bank Credit card in 2011 and was doing minimum payment till 2012 But After that due to some financial Disputes,I was not able to make any payment.In Dec 2012 MY credit card statement use to come around 37k but from jan 2013 It was around 14k,14k is the actuak money Which I spent on that CC.
    And Yesterday I checked my Cibil and It is showing “Written Off” Status against that card.

I called Customer care and they are telling me to pay only 14k which is my statement
    If I will pay 14K,Will It help me to clear Written off status or Should I go to Bank to make the whole payment.

And Is it Possible that After removal of Written off status from our Cibil Rreport,We can get the loans??

My credit card was having a limit of 20k and In Cibil it is showing like:

Credit limit:20000
    High Credit;37879
    Current Balance :14532
    Cash Limit:—–
    Amount Overdue:14,045

Please tell me what should I do to close this Credit card.

Feb 09 2016 at 2:54 pm

Hey Twinkle

I am good,hope your doing well too 🙂 Regarding your query, once you have paid off the 14k, the written off status should get removed, after which you will be able to get loans.

35. Nitesh
    Jan 19 2016 at 1:23 am

I am Nitesh and My cicil score is just 512 and i want to apply home loan so bank can refer it. Please contact me 9423681228

Jan 25 2016 at 2:22 pm

Hey Nitesh

Sicne you have a very low CIBIL score, it’ll be difficult for you to get a home loan. You could try approaching DHFL. They might approve a home loan with a higher interest rate. I hope it works out for you 🙂

36. PRAKASH
    Jan 18 2016 at 5:10 pm

Sir, i have salary account in sbi bank.i want home loan 24 lac & salary is 50k per month.but my cibil score 736 .can i get loan?

Jan 20 2016 at 4:22 pm

Hey Prakash

A CIBIL score of 736 is very good, you have nothing to worry about. Please go ahead with your home loan application at SBI. All the best for that! 🙂

37. Avnish
    Jan 18 2016 at 10:27 am

Hi Tarini,

Hope you are doing well.
    I am 28 yrs old, wrking in a MNC in gurgaon and I earn 55k per month. My Cibil score which I checked a couple of days back was 748. There is just one 1 car loan EMI under my name in the amount of 14k. Unfortuantely, a couple of years back, I was a bit late in my Stan-C CC payments which did haunt my CIBIL for quite some time. Now when things are slightly better, my recent personal loan application of 3 lakhs was declined by ICICI bank (with whom I also happen to have my salary account). Please advise.

Jan 18 2016 at 2:54 pm

Hey Avnish

Am doing good, thanks for asking 🙂 I hope the new year brings you happy financial tides! Regarding your query; Please make sure that your CIBIL score has been recently updated. Further, you can apply for personal loans to other lenders/ banks. Since all financial institutions have different eligibility parameters, you may qualify for a personal loan elsewhere. I hope it works our for you!

• Avnish
      Jan 19 2016 at 8:54 am

Many thanks Tarini for your valuable input. Wishing you likewise financial tides. Would update you as soon as I have success with any bank. Take care!

Jan 20 2016 at 3:34 pm

You’re welcome Avnish! We’re always happy to help 🙂

38. Arun
    Jan 15 2016 at 6:58 pm

Hi Tarini,
    My CIBIl score is 683 and HDFC bank reject my personal loan application recently. Can u suggest me how can i get a personal loan.

Jan 18 2016 at 11:53 am

Hey Arun
      since you have a low CIBIL Score it will be difficult for you to get a loan, you can continue trying other banks/ lenders. Meanwhile, you can work on improving your CIBIL score by paying up pending dues (if any), being regular with the EMI payment of your existing loans (if any) and paying all credit card dues etc. on time. I hope this helps 🙂

39. Munish beri
    Jan 12 2016 at 1:17 pm

HI,My self is munish beri my credit score is 565 i need car ioan kindly suggest me to go with any NBFC or any bank may concider me in this score.i live in ghaziabab kavinagar.Due to theft of my briefcase from my car i have all FIR copy and LOCAL news paper cutting of my theft details

Jan 21 2016 at 12:18 pm

Hey Munish

We are sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, you have a very low CIBIL score due to which it will be difficult for you to get a car loan. You can try approaching DHFL, which may grant a loan on a higher interest rate after reviewing your documents and repayment capacity. I hope this helps.

40. palayam rakesh
    Jan 11 2016 at 11:54 am

Till now i don’t have any loans or credit cards my credit history is not yet generated so can i apply for credit card or is their any restriction that my cibil score had to be their to apply for credit card.this is my first time to apply.

Jan 18 2016 at 12:05 pm

Hey Palayam

You can go ahead and apply for a credit card, there are no restrictions as such for first time card holders. Its perfectly fine to not have a credit score and still apply for a loan or credit card 🙂

41. zahirkhan
    Jan 10 2016 at 5:42 pm

I got my cibil report. i want to know what is issues in my CIBIL report.

Can any institute do this??????

Pls. replay on zahirkhanmalek@yahoo.in

Jan 18 2016 at 1:19 pm

Hey Zahir

Sure, we can help you out with the same, please send us a copy of your CIBIL report with all your queries to tariniATswitchme.in and we will get back to you at the earliest 🙂

42. bharath
    Jan 05 2016 at 11:15 pm

hi

my cibil score is 739 and i need car loan for 3laks can u suggest me from which bank

Jan 06 2016 at 2:08 pm

Hey Bharath

A CIBIL Score of 739 looks pretty decent, you can go ahead and approach any bank of your choice, it shouldn’t be a problem 🙂 All the best!

43. asif ahmed
    Jan 05 2016 at 5:31 pm

Hi My CIBIL score is 780 and my brother got me as a co-applicant for a home loan. all my loans ar egetting rejected because of y brothers loan, I AM NOT PAYING THE LOAN it is my brother who does it.
    WHAT SHUD I DO. Please suggest

Jan 06 2016 at 3:29 pm

Hey Asif

This is a very tricky situation as even though the home loan has been taken by your brother, since you are co – borrower, you are equally responsible for the timely repayments as he is. Until you have sorted out all teh complications with this loan, you will not be able to work towards improving your credit score.

44. Nikhil Mishra
    Jan 05 2016 at 12:34 pm

Hi Tarani,
    My Cibil score is 370 and I have 3 credit cards all overreached.So I am paying 20k+ every month and the principal amount is still same. And I applied for loans many times but I am not getting.Is there any option to convert credit card amount into loan or any other option to solve my problem.

Jan 06 2016 at 3:37 pm

Hey Nikhil

Unfortunately, there is no way to convert these over due payments into loans :/ Since you have a poor credit score, it will be very difficult for you to get a personal loan too :/ The best option here is to either pay these dues over time or take a personal loan (if some bank is willing) at a very high interest rate.

45. prakash
    Jan 03 2016 at 9:32 pm

MY CIBIL SCORE IS VERY BAD,HOW TO I GET LOAN,AND IMPROVE MY CIBIL SCORE ONCE AGAIN

• prakash
      Jan 04 2016 at 10:33 pm

and how many times requre for incrises CIBIL SCORE

Jan 06 2016 at 3:41 pm

Hey Prakash

Could you please elaborate on the query? This will help me clarify it better. Thanks 🙂

46. Naveen
    Jan 03 2016 at 5:46 am

My cibil score is 720. I have a existing housing loan with LIC HFL (10.25 % fixed for 2 years). After 2 years of my fixed interest period, They have raised my interest part to 11.45.. This ended up in paying higher EMI. When i approached LIC , they said that due to bad credit history , they can’t reduce the interest .. Please assist me to switch over my housing loan to other banks with less intrest rate,, Please assist

Jan 06 2016 at 4:09 pm

Hey Naveen

Thank you for contacting us, our Home Loan Adviser will get in touch with you shortly on the mail id provided by you, to guide you further 🙂

47. Vedh
    Dec 25 2015 at 9:25 am

My cibil score is 580 and my wife’s score is 820, we are applying for a home loan where she will be primary applicant and i’ll be the co-applicant, are there any changes that the loan might get rejected by SBI or HDFC banks?

Dec 25 2015 at 3:32 pm

Hey Vedh

Since your CIBIL score is considerably low, there is a possibility that the banks may be skeptical to add you on as a co-borrower in the home loan. However, such decisions are subject to internal rules and regulations of the banks and their application may vary from case to case, so I will not be able to give you a definite answer. The banks will be able to guide you best in this regard.

• Vedh
      Dec 25 2015 at 5:43 pm

Thank you four your crisp and prompt reply!

Dec 28 2015 at 12:56 pm

We’re happy to help Vedh! 🙂 Do feel free to get in touch with us in case of any further queries.

48. Lalit
    Dec 22 2015 at 5:15 am

I have a cibil score of 828 HOWEVER DUE TO A BAD PHASE I HAD TO SETTLE A FEW OF MY CREDIT CARDS so it shows settled , can i still get a home loan as it’s a secured loan from a nationalized bank ?

Dec 23 2015 at 2:50 pm

Hey Lalit

A CIBIL score of 828 is actually pretty good! You have nothing to worry about here, please go ahead with your home application, all the best! 🙂

49. Siju
    Dec 07 2015 at 12:15 pm

Hi Team,

In my CIBIL report against one of credit card its marked as “WRITTEN-OFF STATUS : RESTRUCTURED LOAN”. What does this mean ? Will this impact any of my future loan applications ?

Thanks N Rgds,
    Siju

Dec 14 2015 at 3:32 pm

Hey Siju

Yes, if you see the word “written off/ settled” against the Date closed field in your credit report, then it means that you were unable to pay off the dues on time or that the payment was delayed. This may have a negative impact on your future loan applications as it conveys a sense of financial irresponsibility to the lender.

50. ashutosh mishra
    Nov 24 2015 at 11:33 am

my cibil credit score is 559.and i need housing loan of 35lacs,can u suggest me from which bank it can be done.i lives in thane mumbai.

Nov 27 2015 at 2:59 pm

Hey Ashutosh

Unfortunately we will not be able to assist you in getting a new home loan as a credit score of 559 is very low. However, with a little help and financial management, you can get the score up. This will make it easier for you to get a new home loan. I hope this helps.